Posts for: July, 2021
Your podiatrist in Indianapolis, and Carmel, IN, can help your feet.
Foot and ankle pain can keep you from enjoying your life and staying active. Your podiatrist can help you and your feet feel better. Dr. Jeffrey Agricola at Prestige Podiatry in Indianapolis, and Carmel, IN, offers a wide variety of foot care services to help you enjoy an active life.
Let’s talk about a few of the benefits and reasons why you should see your podiatrist:
- If you have a foot or ankle injury, your podiatrist can help you heal by providing supportive or surgical treatment to get you walking again. Strained tendons and ligaments are a common issue, especially as you get older.
- If you have a painful, disfiguring bunion, your podiatrist can help realign your foot and toe with therapeutic or surgical treatment. Bunions are a common problem caused by a genetic bone deformity and wearing shoes without enough room for your toes.
- If you have a fungal infection in your toenails, your podiatrist offers laser treatment to kill the fungus, so you can grow a healthy nail. Toenail fungus is caused by walking around in warm, wet areas like public pools and locker rooms.
- If you are experiencing heel pain, you could have plantar fasciitis. Your podiatrist offers cortisone and other treatments to decrease inflammation and relieve pain. Plantar fasciitis is caused by overpronating or rolling your feet when you walk.
- If you have foot pain due to foot stress or other issues, your podiatrist has a wide range of orthotics to help cushion your feet and relieve pain. Orthotics can help with gait problems, sports-related foot stress, and other issues.
- If you have diabetes, you may be experiencing several foot issues including inadequate circulation in your feet and toes, nerve pain in your feet, or blisters that don’t heal properly. Your podiatrist will do a comprehensive exam of your feet and toes, develop a treatment plan, and get you on the path to enjoying healthy feet.
Your podiatrist can help you and your feet feel better. To find out more about the benefits of visiting your podiatrist, call Dr. Agricola of Prestige Podiatry in Indianapolis, and Carmel, IN, at (317) 846-4111 or (317) 881-0070 today.
Your podiatrist in Indianapolis, and Carmel, IN, can help with a sprained ankle.
Ankle sprains can happen with something as simple as walking off of a curb, walking on uneven ground, or stepping into a hole in the ground. In fact, sprained ankles are some of the most common injuries. The good news is, your podiatrist knows how to treat your sprained ankle, so you can get back to your active life.
Dr. Jeffrey Agricola at Prestige Podiatry in Indianapolis, and Carmel, IN, offers comprehensive foot and ankle services, including treatment for a sprained ankle.
An ankle sprain is caused when your ankle suddenly twists. The tendons and ligaments are stretched, which can cause inflammation and swelling. A sprained ankle also causes considerable pain when you put your weight on the ankle.
These are some of the signs and symptoms you may experience when you sprain your ankle:
- You may hear a popping sound
- Your ankle may bruise and swell
- Your ankle feels tight and stiff
- You have difficulty moving your ankle
- You can’t put weight on your foot without pain
When you first sprain your ankle, you may be able to minimize pain and swelling if you:
- Rest and elevate your ankle
- Put ice on your ankle
- Wrap your ankle in a compression bandage
If you are experiencing moderate to severe pain, swelling, and bruising, you need to visit your podiatrist. Your podiatrist has several ways to treat a sprained ankle, including:
- Stretching exercises and physical therapy to keep you flexible and mobile
- Prescription-strength anti-inflammatory medication to reduce inflammation
- Using a walking boot or cast to support your ankle while it heals
Your risk of suffering an ankle sprain increases as you get older, or if you have strength or balance problems.
Don’t let a sprained ankle keep you on the couch! Your podiatrist can help heal your ankle sprain.
To find out more about how your podiatrist can help, call Dr. Agricola of Prestige Podiatry in Indianapolis, and Carmel, IN, at (317) 846-4111 or (317) 881-0070 now!