The Benefits Of Visiting A Podiatrist
Your podiatrist in Indianapolis, and Carmel, IN, can help your feet.
Foot and ankle pain can keep you from enjoying your life and staying active. Your podiatrist can help you and your feet feel better. Dr. Jeffrey Agricola at Prestige Podiatry in Indianapolis, and Carmel, IN, offers a wide variety of foot care services to help you enjoy an active life.
Let’s talk about a few of the benefits and reasons why you should see your podiatrist:
- If you have a foot or ankle injury, your podiatrist can help you heal by providing supportive or surgical treatment to get you walking again. Strained tendons and ligaments are a common issue, especially as you get older.
- If you have a painful, disfiguring bunion, your podiatrist can help realign your foot and toe with therapeutic or surgical treatment. Bunions are a common problem caused by a genetic bone deformity and wearing shoes without enough room for your toes.
- If you have a fungal infection in your toenails, your podiatrist offers laser treatment to kill the fungus, so you can grow a healthy nail. Toenail fungus is caused by walking around in warm, wet areas like public pools and locker rooms.
- If you are experiencing heel pain, you could have plantar fasciitis. Your podiatrist offers cortisone and other treatments to decrease inflammation and relieve pain. Plantar fasciitis is caused by overpronating or rolling your feet when you walk.
- If you have foot pain due to foot stress or other issues, your podiatrist has a wide range of orthotics to help cushion your feet and relieve pain. Orthotics can help with gait problems, sports-related foot stress, and other issues.
- If you have diabetes, you may be experiencing several foot issues including inadequate circulation in your feet and toes, nerve pain in your feet, or blisters that don’t heal properly. Your podiatrist will do a comprehensive exam of your feet and toes, develop a treatment plan, and get you on the path to enjoying healthy feet.
Your podiatrist can help you and your feet feel better. To find out more about the benefits of visiting your podiatrist, call Dr. Agricola of Prestige Podiatry in Indianapolis, and Carmel, IN, at (317) 846-4111 or (317) 881-0070 today.